Map - Directions
Hoover Dam is located approximately 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas, on the Nevada-Arizona border just off of Route 93 take the Hoover Dam access road Route 172. The Dam does not have a street address, so directions are provided below.
Visitors with GPS navigators can use the coordinates: N 36.016222, W -114.737245 to locate the site.
Those who want to use an Internet map service should try one that allows input of landmark names instead of a street address.
The drive is 30 miles and will take about 45 minutes. This varies due to traffice conditions.
- Take US Highway 93 South and continue about 20 miles to Boulder City
- In Boulder City, take a left at the second stoplight in town (there are only 2 of them)
- Continue on US 93 for about 5 miles (just past the Hacienda Hotel) to the turn-off to Nevada State Route 172 - the Hoover Dam Access Road
- Take NV SR 172 for about 2 miles to the Dam on the Nevada/Arizona border
- Note: Visitors who wish to continue travel into Arizona must re-enter Nevada and access Highway 93 to cross the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge; the roadway across Hoover Dam is no longer open to through-traffic.